Sep 6, 2021
With everywhere in New Zealand except Auckland moving Alert Levels on Tuesday 7 September 2021 at 11.59pm, please note the following:
As of Wednesday 8 September 2021, for all locations outside of Auckland city:
- Scheduled in-person examinations will go ahead, and National Office are working hard to get postponed examinations scheduled. National Office will work with teachers to schedule currently postponed exams.
- All Speech NZ staff will be required to wear a face mask during in-person examination tours.
- Candidates can choose whether they would like to wear a mask or not.
- Examination supervisors will be required to set out the examination waiting area with a minimum of 2metres distancing between candidates, and have hand sanitiser and the QR code clearly accessible.
- Examination supervisors will be required to clearly mark the place where the candidate will stand during the examination, a minimum of 3 metres from the examiner at all times.
- Group examinations may take place, and groups will be expected to maintain their collective distance from the examiner at all times.
- National Office will be back in the office.
If you have a query about your examination, please contact your teacher. All teachers are receiving regular updates from Speech NZ, and it is our priority to ensure they have all the information they need for upcoming examinations.
If you are unable to make contact with your teacher for some reason, please get in touch with National Office at email@example.com
For teaching resources, please check out our Covid-19 resource page.