The EPC is guided by the vision and values of Speech NZ:
The Vision of Speech NZ
Our vision is to develop confident, articulate New Zealand voices through relevant, future focused strategies that will empower and strengthen communities.
The Values of Speech NZ
Speech New Zealand works with dedication to be informed and guided by:
Partnership – as New Zealanders, we value relationships that encourage and respect diversity in all forms.
Credibility – as educators, we strive to deliver the best outcomes for all our stakeholders.
Empowerment – as an organisation, we are committed to supporting the growth and development of all our stakeholders.
When applying to become a Registered Educator, individuals agree to accept and abide by the following code of practice:
- Act with integrity by using means that are fair, ethical, honest and just.
- Maintain cultural awareness and a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and bicultural partnerships in Aotearoa
- Work to empower learners by using quality teaching and leadership strategies
- Actively support and encourage professional colleagues in the industry.
- Engage in positive and collaborative relationships with learners, their families and whanau, and the wider community.
- Create a welcoming, caring and creative learning environment that treats everyone with respect and dignity.
- Run my financial affairs with integrity in a manner that reflects my professional standing in the business community.
- Undertake annual professional development by extending my profile in my community and/or attending relevant workshops or courses.